A few months ago I posted a few items that hadn’t developed fully into posts. Stuff I couldn’t wait to develop in fear that they may not grow fast enough and would be lost forever. Well, tonight I am back with a similar post.
OK, in all honesty, the first item is here not because the idea may not develop. It’s here because I don’t think I can do it justice so a quick hit at least gets me off the hook…
- Dan is just about to start walking. Dan Hughes, a fine English gentleman, is about to set off on a 78 mile trek through central England to raise funds for the Joseph Salmon Trust’s bank account. I don’t doubt that you have more local and equally deserving charity causes, but if you can find it in your heart…. Dan is a great guy and I am pleading with you to do what you can! FWIW (For what it’s worth) when I caught wind of the cause I looked in my Paypal account and threw the ‘spare change’ Dan’s way. Even if it’s a couple bucks, do it.
- If you are really observant you may have noticed the Alltop badge over ———> there. I resisted the urge for months, but I emailed the Alltop crew last week and said ‘Show me the MONEY Linky Love!” They complied. Now all I have to do is get off the bottom of the Alltop.
- If there was ever any doubt… My electric toothbrush (as seen in Day 168) had burnt its battery out. Dead, not even a trace of motion on the brush head. I was literally on my way downstairs to get a new pair of batteries when our (super cool) next door neighbor came over and bequeathed a RC car to the kids. It needed four AA batteries though. We had five left. Without a moment’s hesitation, the kids had a ‘new’ toy to play with, and I had a unsatisfying “manual” toothbrush.
- We’ll see what comes of it, but Wednesday afternoon, I will be the subject of an interview… again! And, whoa… this time real press! The Patriot Ledger, a paper I grew up delivering, is coming to Casa de PG to do a piece about me, my blog and Project 365. I am either going to come out charming, or as Super Dork. It will likely be a web based item and not appear in the print paper, but still… I am honored. I still find it inexplicable why people find what I am doing interesting. Not that I am complaining!
- Keep eyes out next month for an album called “Ode to Sunshine” by a band called Delta Spirit. You could even pre-order it on Amazon now. I heard a couple cuts off it tonight and I liiiiiiike! If you have similar tastes as I (you can see what I am listening to from the last.fm widget in the upper left hand corner of my page) you will enjoy it.
- I swore off it two weeks ago, but…. Don’t be shocked if I do a fitness/weight ‘loss’ video this week at some point. Mr. Scale might even make an appearance.
Alright, that will do for now. You may now resume your normal web surfing activities.